Downtown High Rises: Plaza 440
Located just north of the Chicago River on Wabash Avenue, Plaza 440 is a 50-story condo building. Built in 1992, it underwent a condominium conversion in 2005 and now has 497 privately owned condos. If you will rent out your unit, the condo association requires that a lease must be between 12 and 24 months.
Plaza 440 is situated between the Magnificent Mile and River North. The River Walk and north Loop are easily accessible on foot. Public transportation is also nearby–both the Red Line and several bus routes.
Units feature large floor-to-ceiling windows that allow in plenty of natural light and great city views of the Chicago River, Trump Tower, The Wrigley Building or Marina City depending on the unit’s orientation.
Plaza 440 is a full-amenity building boasting a 24-hour door staff, large fitness center, sundeck, indoor swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna, theatre suite, business center, dry cleaners and deeded garage parking. Washers and dryers are allowed to be installed in unit.
Unit square footage:
- Studios are 516 square feet.
- Convertible or junior one-bedroom units are 580 to 680 square feet.
- One-bedroom units are 800 to 850 square feet.
- Two-bedrooms units are 1100 to 1300 square feet.
Recent sales prices:
- Studio units have sold for around $190,000.
- Junior one-bedrooms, for around $220,000.
- One-bedroom units, for around $280,000.
- Two-bedroom units, for around $425,000.
- Deeded parking spaces in the building sell for around $34,000.